Company Update
Hey there.
I wanted to go over a few things just so that everyone is on the same page.
As the bullet-resistant vests are being distributed, please bear in mind these are company property that must be returned if you leave or are terminated. Please take care of this property. You are wearing about $550.00. When washing the vest carriers, YOU MUST remove the vest panels. This can be done by accessing the bottom of the vest and removing the front and back internal panels. DO NOT WASH THE ENTIRE VEST! Please keep this equipment clean and in working order.
Badges must still be worn visibly on the vest carrier. You must still wear your uniform shirt with a patch under the vest carrier. Non-uniform shirts, black shirts, etc ARE NOT ALLOWED. Do not attach anything additional to the vests (i.e. patches, etc). "Morale" patches are not authorized either. Many times moral patches can be offensive to others.
Please DO NOT wear anything political in nature while working, including thin blue line, BLM or PLM statements. Your political statements are your own and are not representative of this company. There was a serious issue with a security officer (not working for us thankfully) in another dispensary when he wore a Police Lives Matter shirt and the dispensary associate wore a Black Lives Matter shirt.
I understand that people may have strong beliefs in this area. What you do in your personal time is certainly your business but please do not bring political statements to work with you. This is also a reminder that the thin blue line USTASC masks are no longer authorized on duty. If you need another mask, please let us know.
As a company, we do not have a political belief, we are here to service our clients. You may certainly have political beliefs and strong feelings about subjects and I absolutely respect that. Nevertheless, it belongs on your personal time. I, just like everyone else, have my personal feelings about issues. However, I make it an absolute point not to engage in discussions regarding my personal feelings with staff. My job is to make sure the staff is doing their job and they have the resources to do their job properly while keeping them happy (as much as I can).
Just a reminder please DO NOT discuss politics, sex, race, suggestive comments, religion, sexual preferences, etc with clients or clients' clients. If the discussion is not security-related, other than pleasantries, it does not need to occur.
COVID - 19 is not behind us. Numbers continue to rise across the nation, especially in resort areas,s such as Ocean City, MD. I was out and about last weekend supervising and observed the majority of persons in Ocean City walking around with no PPE protection.
ALWAYS wear PPE when dealing with the public. MOBILE SUPERVISORS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR PPE AT ALL TIMES WHEN MEETING WITH OFFICERS. Everyone, please take proper precautions against COVID-19. If you observe a supervisor not wearing PPE when checking on you, please report the occurrence to me directly by writing to me at eavnet@ustasc.com. I want everyone to remain safe.
I want to thank all those who attended the pepper spray and baton class. We are hosting a firearms class on July 11th and 12th for those who would like to attend. The class fee ($400) is waived for all USTASC employees but you are required to pay range fee $20 per day and for ammo (200 rounds per day). The first day consists of basic pistol, the second is tactical pistol (moving and shooting, shooting from cover and concealment, judgemental shooting, stress inoculated shooting). If you wish to attend this class please let us know.
Cannabis officers starting at new site locations are now required to be fingerprinted, YET AGAIN (I know). If you are already working at a site location, this does not apply to you. This only applies to new cannabis locations such as Greenwave. MMCC, the regulatory agency for cannabis, is requiring that all security personnel be registered individually now. So, if you work at a new site location, you must be fingerprinted again to obtain your personal MMCC card.
We are working on a new USTASC app for employees, clients, etc. This app should have all forms, paperwork, etc you need, including a chat function, etc. I will advise further when this happens.
Lastly, I am working on two company get-togethers so that everyone can attend. I will advise all staff when these are to occur.
As always, be safe out there,
Chief E. Avnet

Comments
Post a Comment